Sunday, June 16, 2013

Leadership Lessons from my father

Abba(Dad) and Ema(Mom)
Fatherhood is the highest calling of leadership. Good fathers are good leaders. How do I know? I am lucky and blessed to have someone like that in my life.

Abba as we call him, (Father in Hebrew) is an extraordinary person I look up to and have made a positive impact in my whole life. 

Abba is one of the most important people in my life that I value and continue to thank God who blessed me with being his son.

Abba taught me several leadership lessons throughout out his life and continues to do so as a great father/leader to his family.

Here are some of the lessons I always reflect on his greatness and gifts:

Life and Family is about giving

Abba has taught me the most important quality of being a leader. A good father/leader has a servant heart that comes from serving people and help them succeed-wanting the best for others. Abba is a selfless leader that really would do whatever it takes to give all he has so that we would be the best we can be in life. He has an attitude that says: “How can I serve my family and my children in their best interests?”

Open Mind and Open Heart

Abba taught and continues to teach we need to stay open to possibilities and listen intently to what’s in our heart. Where do we make a positive difference in the lives of other people besides ourselves? Do we take care of other people by staying open with their challenges and continue to give open-hearted support throughout challenging times.

Continue to seek feedback and learn from it

Abba has taught me another critical leadership lesson that we should never forget as we develop our potential-Being open to receiving feedback and learning from it makes you a better, stronger person in life. Abba taught me we can only improve if we take time to reflect as everything in our life is a teacher.

Everything we encounter is a moment of teaching to learn about who we are and what we can become. But if we dismiss people and their feedback, we are not learning. My life has changed because of the attitude Abba shared with me to take in reflection of the learning journey as we need to respect other people thoughts and feelings.

Never give up on anybody in your family

Abba gave me another great example on how to accept people in our family with unconditional love and kindness. This is a spiritual leadership quality that is Godsend.

all families face challenges and opportunities as no one gave us instructions on how to deal with. But God gave my parents the biggest unconditional loving heart that conquers all the difficulties and moments of learning in our family. 

That’s what leadership is about-love and caring unconditionally the people that mean the most in your life. The day you become a leader is the day you are willing to sacrifice your ego for someone’s heart.

Thank you Abba for the lessons in life and hoping to learn more from you for more and more years to come. I love you always forever. God bless you.


No comments:

Post a Comment