Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving






Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are charming gardeners who make our soul blossom.” Marcel Proust

As the Thanksgiving holiday is upon us, we take the time to reflect on what we are thankful for.  Thankfulness is a joyful journey to our heart of gratitude. But, we can’t be thankful with ourselves alone. We need others to be thankful. To be thankful each day, we need to look positively at the people around us.  We take the time to really appreciate those who we come in contact with. I realize not every interaction is a positive one but with a sense of gratitude, we constructively also appreciate the challenges along the way.

By being thankful, we appreciate what is right in our life. By being thankful, we highlight the strengths of others instead of their shortcomings.  That’s why gratitude is so powerful. It’s our natural state of looking at the glass half full. We tend to feel that we always have to be number one. Always finish ahead of everyone else. However, having an attitude of gratitude is about appreciating the journey to success. Each of us is a person on the path to become better person through our daily moments of gratitude.
Gratitude is about abundance and fullness in our lives. Melody Beattie said, “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life, and it turns what we have into enough and more.” When we begin to think of abundance, we begin to think what we have done today can be a building block for tomorrow.  We cherish the stepping stones as part of the trip. We have the courage to enter other people lives and communicate how much we value them.   Remember, it’s what we focus on the most.


  • ·Everyone has something to offer.  
  • ·Everyone is unique.
  • ·Everyone has something right about them.

Sometimes it takes a while to discover it and unlock that potential, but we begin with what is right. Begin today and reach out to someone you really care about. Show them how much your value and appreciate what they have done for you. It’s an amazing feeling making someone else feel good and appreciated.   Robert Ingersoll summed it up by saying, “We rise by lifting others.” Their world is brighter because you provided the sunshine in their day. It requires enough trust and openness to see the goodness in other people. When we live with a thankful heart, we realize there is more to give.
Here is what I am thankful for as I try to focus on gratitude every day. First and foremost, I am thankful for my loving parents-Arie and Sarah. They are great role models of leadership. We are influenced by what we see and what I see is something very special. Something I am blessed with. I am blessed to be their child because of how much I have learned from them. I may have not appreciated it when I was younger, but as I grow I begin to appreciate more and more.  My parents are special and I am lucky to have them in my life as they bring joy and happiness to my life. They add value to my life.
I am also very thankful for my two younger brothers-Idan and Liraz. Although we live in different cities now, I always seek their input and feedback on my life in whatever venue I choose to follow.  They are supportive and encouraging.  Only in recent in years we have bonded together to understand each other personalities and attitudes, but I am blessed with having a wide range of their opinions as sometimes we may not agree but we learn from each other strengths.  We focus on the right things.

Our family was also expanded almost two years ago with the addition of my nephew Remy. He is adorable. He brings a big smile every time I see his pictures.  He is full of energy and joyful to be around. We can’t get enough of him!
Last but not least, I want thank my sister in law- Tamar. Remy continues to grow beautifully because of Tamar’s love and warmth.  Her influence on Remy has created a warm, caring environment for him to grow and develop nicely.
The more thankfulness we express, the more we experience the richness of soul that grateful feelings produce.





No comments:

Post a Comment